Frequently asked questions are classified according to the following issues:
Application process and scholarships
1. When do admissions open?
Admissions for the 2024-2025 academic year will open in April 2024 and close in August of the same year. Students from overseas that will require a student visa should apply early on.
2. Do I need to have a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply?
Yes. This is an indispensable document. Please read the formal requirements of the bachelor’s degree here.
3. Can I send in an academic transcript instead of the Bachelor’s degree?
4. What documents do I need in order to apply?
Once inscriptions are open you can apply to the program through the UAB platform (more information here) and by submitting them via email to email@example.com. You will be required to attach the following documents in PDF format:
- CV with 2 contacts for references
- Bachelor degree
- Motivation letter
5. Do I need to present an English certificate in order to apply?
English proficiency is required because all classes are taught in English and students must be able to participate in the lectures and activities in this language. As of 2024 there will be proof of English required. Please take this self assesment test and include the result in your application: https://www.efset.org/?.
6. What is the background or profile needed to apply?
All backgrounds are welcome to apply.
7. Are there any scholarships available?
Every year we strive to offer up to two full scholarships (or 4 half scholarships) covering the tuition fee. The criteria to assign the scholarships are the following:
- Be an activist
- Affected by a socio-environmental conflict
- People from low-middle income countries will be prioritized
In order to apply for a scholarship, you must apply to the program and be accepted. Once you receive the Notice of Admission you then have to submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter explaining the need for a scholarship
- 2 letters of reference confirming you meet one or all the requirements referred to above and the need for a scholarship.
Deadline for submission: July.
8. What is the tuition fee and are there any discounts?
The regular tuition fee is €3960. There are no discounts or differences attending to nationality. Only people that are certified as Alumni UAB Premium (people that have studied before at UAB and that have done the process to become Alumni Premium) have a discount on the total fee and can pay €3564.
9. I would like to enroll in individual modules, is that an option?
This is not an option at the moment.
10. How do I know I have been accepted into the program?
Make sure your documents have been uploaded correctly to UAB and you have received notice of receipt from the university. If you haven´t received it, it is possible that your documents were not uploaded in the correct format, or you may have missed a step. Acceptance will be communicated from our email address, along with payment instructions. Once you have received your acceptance, and completed payment you should perform final enrolment via UAB.
11. What do I do if I have issues with the UAB platforms when registering?
Please write to email@example.com, for all forms, platforms and processes that go through UAB websites. They will be able to refer you to the adequate UAB department. This includes issues with registration through the UAB platform.
12. This is a “master propio” in Spain. What does that mean?
Please read more about what a master propio is here
Master program and classes
1. Will the master be presential or online?
We plan to run the master 100% presential in Barcelona. We do not provide help with accomodation.
2. Where can I see the details of the master’s program?
Here you can find the program of the current edition of the master
In the menu “Program” you can find a more detailed description of courses. An updated program for the 2023- 2024 academic year will be made available in the summer of 2024.
3. When exactly will the program begin, i.e. which date in October?
The first class of the master will be the first week of October 2024.
4. When exactly does the program officially end? Is it possible to conduct the final project later in the year?
In order to finish the master’s, you have to present your master’s final work. There will be two calls, one in June and the other in September. Therefore, when you finish the master it depends on your project. In fact, you can start developing your master final project when you are ready to do so. The issue of doing the final project in July or August would be whether you have enough time to develop a good project. There is also the option to ask for an extension which runs till the following year.
Taught classes will end in June-July 2025.
5. Is it possible to simultaneously be enrolled in another Master’s degree at another University in another country, which is conducted completely online and which I have already completed parts of (i.e. it wouldn’t be full workload)?
There is no problem with doing another master at the same time. Just be aware that you have to attend classes and have enough time to perform well in both courses. Also, note that there will be no concessions or exceptions made due to the fact that you are studying for two master’s degrees.
6. What does a regular week of class look like?
Normally classes are scheduled in the afternoon (from 14:00 or 15:00 on). Weekly there are between three to four classes, two or three hours long.